Trusted Pool Contractor
Everyone dreams of having their own pool; a backyard escape that they can enjoy with their family and friends. Whether you are remodeling an older pool or preparing for new swimming pool construction in Canton, the design of your new oasis is very important. Check out a few of the most popular design ideas to help you make a splash with your design.
· While you might think that your pool is the water feature, it’s important to add more. Waterfalls, fountains, and sconces are a great way to add personality and depth to your pool. Whether you are building a more modern pool or something with an exotic feel, it’s easy to add a water feature that accentuates your style. Plus, most of these add-ons allow you to adjust the water flow, pressure, and height to make it easier to personalize your pool.
· Nothing will bring your pool to life more than adding a fire feature. While it might sound contradictory to add fire to water, it’s becoming more and more popular. Many people are choosing to add fire bowls to the exterior of their pools to transform their space into something spectacular. Volcano fire pits, cauldrons, or fire walls are just a few of the other ways that you can bring flames to your backyard paradise.
· If a sleek, clean look is what you want from your pool, consider adding a knife-edge. This style is also known as a Lautner edge, slot-edge, or wet-edge pool. Slot-edge pools contain enough water that it actually sits as the same level as the pool deck and surrounding area. The overflow of the pool runs into a tiny slot edge that surrounds the pools perimeter. This allows the water to create a mirrored surface effect. These systems are a bit more complicated in design. There are specific hydraulics and construction methods that must be used. When executed correctly, it gives a luxurious look to any pool.
· Instead of choosing a blue or green tile to line your pool, go with glass. Not only is it a more durable option, but it provides a glistening, iridescent glow to the water. This type of tile option can be used around the waterline or to line the entire pool. If you do choose to lay it throughout your pool, be careful. While it might look stunning, it can also be slippery!
· Beach entry or sloped entry pools are on the rise right now. This sort of design allows a slow entrance into the water. Oftentimes, pool owners choose this design to accommodate children or elderly family members. It’s also a great way to create a beachy look in your back yard. A sloped entry is also a great place to put a lounge chair when sunbathing on a hot day.
· While the design of your pool is important, don’t forget about the lights. LED pool lighting is far more efficient than the traditional incandescent bulbs. With these lighting options, you can change the light color or brighten or dim the bulbs, depending on your mood.
Creating an oasis in your backyard is a process. With these tips and many different swimming pool designs in Canton to choose from, you’ll be diving into your own water in no time.